Tuesday 5 December 2023

Animal Crossing Blog: End of 2023 update

I'm writing this because fate gave me a second chance with my beloved Olivia.

Once I came back from my fruitless journey to find my friends, I stayed the mayor of Melodune until the town was fully established. I got so used to landscaping and decorating that it became my professional calling. Basically I was overworking myself to forget about losing Olivia.

Around late 2019, Tom Nook told me of this Island in the South Pacific that he had recently purchased and was moving to, and was head hunting me for my landscaping expertise. When I decided to sign the deal, some of the original remaining Melodune residents including Blathers, Resetti, Mabel and Sable decided to relocate to the island as well. It was very heart warming to know a fair few of us would still be neighbors as we are one big family really. I did connect well with the locals that moved into Melodune after the original residents decided to move out, but a lot of them only stayed for a few months or years. Some stayed for the long-term though. Regardless I saw this opportunity as my time to leave too. I also knew in my heart that if Olivia ever did come back to Melodune she would be told of my new location, so I wasn't ever worried about that.
Once again I decided to sell all my assets in order to build up a new town hall and an impressive Museum so the new island would be debt free come moving day.
This was march 2020 by this point.
I was given the right to name the island. I decided upon the namesake of the resident parakeet, the 'Kakariki'. I even helped design the flag.

Once we all moved to the Island, I got straight to work on the landscaping. It needed a lot of work including re directing the river. I was done with the basics within the first year. After that all that was left to do was razing funds for decorations.

Occasionally campers would come and visit. And one such camper just so happened to be my Olivia last week! I was stunned when I entered the tent. I couldn't believe it. Olivia was right in front of me. Obviously I convinced her to stay. But I also wanted to know why she broke my heart nearly 11 years ago.

She explained that leaving Melodune around the time of the railroad construction was too much for her, likewise as it was with all the other residents. She missed me terribly but couldn't stand to lose to her own principles. She invested in Melodune for the quite life, and for a time things were fine, but the railroad and landscaping situation was anything but quite. She couldn't come back as she wanted the town to remain how she remembered it in her memories.
She decided to travel. And spent the last 11 or so years going from place to place without feeling attached to anywhere or anyone in particular. One day she was reading a magazine and saw an article about the worlds richest tycoons, with Tom Nook being in that list. In the article about Tom it mentioned the island of Kakariki where he resides now. There was even a blurb about myself as the island landscaper. Olivia was so blown away by this that she decided to pick up her things and head straight here.

I do forgive her and understand her reasons. I just wish she wrote to me occasionally. She treasured our relationship yet considered it something belonging of the past. Only over time did she come to realize she was just being stubborn. Her travelling around gave her new perspectives in life and changed her personality slightly. I've been with her a number of days now and she's a lot calmer than before. Not so snobbish like before, so yes I believe in her.
It didn't take even a day before we decided to be a couple again. It was an emotional reunion. She decided to move here permanently and really loves having her house and furniture out of storage. Because she is such a close neighbor I have joined our lands together with a shared fence line.
The happy couple

No comments:

Post a Comment